In today’s world, on-demand apps have become an essential part of everyday life. Several on-demand services are available, including Uber, GrubHub, and Postmates. Similarly, On demand laundry application services provide a platform for your washing and cleaning needs when you don’t have time to do it.
As disposable income grows and people live more active lifestyles, they want everything at their fingertips. According to Grand View Research’s report, global laundry and dry-cleaning services have reached $60.88 billion in 2019 and will expand by an annual rate of 3.4% from 2020 to 2027.
Online laundry services make the washing process convenient and fast. The application allows the user to do everything from plan pickups to analyze service quality. This sector is incredibly competitive, just like other on-demand services. However, your business can grow more effectively if you consider essential factors when developing an online laundry service app. These factors include:
- Features that make the service robust
- The business model based on Functionality
What is Rinse – On Demand Laundry Application?
Users can send clothes for washing using Rinse, an app that offers on-demand laundry. Simply tap the “Rinse” option on the app, then schedule your pickup. Rinse customers have an assigned route and get free delivery. It will ask users to separate the items to be washed from those that need to be dry-cleaned. Among these items are towels, sheets, and other clothing.
Now let’s talk about money. The app works on a per-pound basis rather than counting on the per piece of cloth. On average, a pound of Rinse’s products costs $2.25, with comforters and duvets costing more.
Reason Behind The Success Of Rinse
A major reason why Rinse became so popular is its user-friendliness. You just have to pack clothes and schedule your pickup, and your clothes will be delivered to you by the app. If the user forgets to put valuables like keys or wallets in their pockets, Rinse will look after it.
Another reason for Rinse’s huge popularity is the service time it offers. Most services are completed within 24 hours. Compared to traditional laundry stores, Rinse offers much faster service. Additionally, people are tired of repeatedly going to their local laundry shops to find out that their clothing hasn’t been cleaned yet. The combination of this and the home delivery service made Rinse an attractive alternative to offline stores.
What Is The Best Way To Get On Demand Laundry Application Like Rinse?
Step 1: Project Planning
Thinking of something new? You should plan it after you have the idea. If you have a great idea, you have to work on the details; you need to answer some questions like:
- Why is the app being developed?
- Which features are you looking for in your app?
- Who are your competitors, and what can you do better than them?
- Do you have any unique features?
Step 2: Developing a financial budget
Now that you understand your requirements better, you can plan your budget. Your budget should be aligned with what you need. With a simple app that does just what you need, your budget will be lower. The budget needs to be higher to develop an app with advanced features.
Step 3: Choosing the Project’s Scope
As soon as you decide what you need and how much you can spend, you can create your project scope. From app development to deployment, you have to allocate the right amount of resources and money. The best mobile development company has experience developing these apps, so you won’t face any problems in the long run. There will be a discussion of all formalities, including the NDA for the mobile app idea and terms and conditions.
Step 4: The Development of the App
An app development company hires experienced designers and app developers. App designers follow best design practices to create mock-ups and prototypes, and you approve them. Developers then develop your app according to your specifications.
App bugs are monitored and fixed by the Quality Assurance team. Pick a software company whose products are 100% bug-free and run smoothly across all platforms and devices.
Step 5: Performing tests and debugging
In the process of app development, the second last step is testing and debugging. The testing process often gets skipped or shortened by companies that make mobile applications. It can, however, have unintended consequences. Developers should be given plenty of time to test the app extensively before deployment.
Step 6: Deployment Phase
The application is deployed to platforms such as Apple’s App Store and Google Play in the last step. Data and documentation will be submitted before deployment. It is always important for a good mobile app development company to provide support after the app is available on different platforms for download. In this way, a smooth transition can be achieved.
Must-Have Features In Your On Demand Laundry Application
You need to realize that there are no apps before looking at features. There are several components to the solution. Admin panel, driver app, laundry owner app, and customer app will be the four components of your online laundry app if you’re an aggregator. By combining the functions of the laundry owner app with the admin panel, you may only need 3 components if you own laundry. Here is a breakdown of the app functionality to help you understand the features better:
- App for the customer
- App of the Laundry Man
- App for the Delivery Person
Let’s go through these features in detail!
Customers’ Mobile App For On Demand Laundry Application
- Signup or log in: Registering or logging in with social media and mobile numbers are both available to clients. By doing so, better usability is enabled, and they are saved from providing their details.
- Types of services to choose from: Clients have a preference for options. There are different types of clothes, and they require special care. Clients can choose the material type, the cloth type, whether they would like to machine wash or hand wash, and the detergent they would like to use.
- Price estimate: You can get an estimated price for the laundry service if you select the materials and number of your clothes.
- Set up a pickup time: The client can select the pickup time according to their convenience. A doorstep laundry pickup service is available by selecting the pickup date and time in the app.
- Laundryman of choice: Clients can choose laundrymen based on the service they provide. By doing this, they can get the same laundry man to do their laundry the next time.
- Order status: Once an order is placed, clients can check the order’s status via the laundry service. In addition to updating the client’s order information, the laundryman will change this status.
- Cancellation of order: Clients cancel orders for various reasons sometimes. There are many built-in cancellation features in the on-demand laundry app. The delivery man receives an immediate notification, and the booking is automatically canceled.
- Reviews from customers: Following receiving their laundry, clients will have an opportunity to provide feedback on the delivery person and laundryman.
- Offers: On-demand laundry service apps allow clients to view their customized offers and loyalty points.
- Track driver: Through their on-demand laundry mobile app, clients can track drivers, so they know the status of their laundry.
- Notification: The laundry status will be updated and notified to the clients. These updates will be communicated to the clients throughout the course of service.
- Payment options: With the online laundry app, clients will have the flexibility to pay with multiple options to eliminate the hassle of manual processing. Payments can be made using eWallets, net banking, debit cards, credit cards, etc.
Laundry Man’s App For On Demand Laundry Application
- Signup or log in: Laundrymen can register or sign in with their social media accounts or mobile numbers on the laundrymen’s dashboard. The login details and password will be given to them to secure their accounts.
- Customer Data is Available: After taking a client’s order, the laundryman can get the client’s data, such as the type of fabric, number of garments, etc.
- Analytics & Statistics: Laundrymen can assess their services and create assessments based on the statistics they track weekly, bimonthly, monthly, and annually using the dashboard.
- Order history: The laundrymen can use the order history to keep track of their clients’ loyalty and tailor their offers accordingly.
- Reminders & Calendars: The laundry on-demand app will include reminders and calendars. Users can easily stay organized with the app.
Delivery Man’s App For On Demand Laundry Application
- Signup or log in: A laundry service app will also be provided for delivery men. To access the app quickly, users can use their social media accounts or mobile numbers to register or log in.
- Keep Track of Overall Earnings: Delivery men can view the entire statistics regarding their total earnings and track their earnings for a specific order.
- Map Integration: A map will be included in the mobile app for Delivery Man. Using this, they will be able to find out where the client is located and pick up the laundry.
- Request for Pickups and Delivery: They will receive pickup and drop-off requests through the delivery man’s app.
The Main Admin Panel For On Demand Laundry Application
- Order Management: The administrator can use this function to keep track of all orders placed by customers. The administrator can assign orders to another driver if one refuses to accept the orders.
- Driver Management: Admins have access to all driver information, and they check the details of your profile request before accepting it.
- Laundry Management: Admins have access to laundry information, just like drivers. Admins can send messages to any washing owner.
- Earnings Management: The administrator can manage drivers’ earnings and washing stations. He can determine which drivers and washing stations get what percentages of the total amount based on his commission.
Do You Want to Create Your On Demand Laundry Application?
In the future, on-demand apps will be the norm. Laundry applications are one of the major components of this economy because of the outstanding growth of on-demand services. The more you grow, the more competitive your industry becomes, so you must find the best way to succeed.
The way you develop your laundry app will play an important role in your marketability, but that isn’t the end of the process. You need to do proper marketing and promotions to reach the right consumers.