With the increase in statistics of daily crime rate it has become a necessity to prioritize your family’s safety at all costs. Gone are the days when parents were required to call us to know about our whereabouts. The advent of family tracking apps GPS tracking has made it easier to keep track of your loved ones. These apps are designed for situations of emergency where any point of contact seems implausible.
The use of family tracking apps has changed a lot over the years. The technology has also evolved to the point that it can now be used to track people across cities and countries. Family tracking apps allows you to keep in touch with your family members throughout time. Family location tracker utilizes the phone’s native GPS tracker to ensure your family’s security even when they’re distant! Please be aware that GPS location sharing is only available with the consent of all members of the family.
If you are looking forward to designing a customized app structure for your family, iTechnolabs is your best option. An organization with a team of dedicated professionals, iTechnolabs is head on heels to take up any challenge in curating your desired family tracking app.
8 Famous Family Tracking Apps Like Life360 Family Locator
Eyezy is one of the best Family Locator Apps for Android or iOS, where tracking your family and loved ones in real-time is quite easy. This app is designed for critical situations to make sure that your loved ones are safe as they are not able to answer their calls.
- This app has a simple UI and fast processing.
- Text can be done on any social media account including text messages and iMessage.
- Screen Recording option
- Past location history can be extracted for any member.
- Geo-zone customization is possible which means you can know when the person has left or is about to arrive.
- The device will receive danger alerts if any family member is in danger.
- Real-time location tracking option
2. Google Maps
A free product of Family Locator from Google; Google Maps is known by almost all of us in this generation. Considered one of the best apps for android and iOS, Google Maps has approximately 220 countries marked on it.
- It’s accessible both on mobile devices and on the web.
- You can share your location in real-time with your family and friends.
- You can share your location for any time from 1 hour and 3 days or forever until you are off.
- Check the address of the contact via Google Maps and reach there by following the directions.
- Find out the estimated time of your arrival and ensure you are on top of your schedule.
- Get up-to-date information about trains, buses, and ride-share.
- Make plans with your group, and cast your vote in real time.
- See the battery on the additional devices, particularly in the case of tracking children
3. Verizon Smart Family
Verizon Smart Family is one of the most effective family tracking apps and is a great choice for parents who want to look after their kids by tracking their devices.
- Keep track of your child’s/family member’s mobile usage, texting, calls, and battery use as well as their location.
- Use features to block and unblock and filter social media gaming apps, messaging applications, and even websites when needed.
- Limit the use of data as well as calls and texts of your children at mealtime, bedtime, or during school hours.
4. Map My Run
Under Armour creates and develops an application named Map My Run. It is, as the name implies it is used to monitor your running habits.
- Functions only when you pair the app with a wearable device
- Allows you to enjoy the live tracking feature
- Will broadcast your current location with yourself in real-time
- Helps you to exercise and track your health
Although Map My Run can be advertised as one of the top alternatives to Life360 you won’t be able to keep track of your family members through this. Also, all of the features are only available when you pair the app with wearable devices.
Ready To Hire Your Own Mobile App Developer?
Glympse is one the top family locator apps that lets users track their loved ones, family members as well as coworkers. It utilizes GPS monitoring and maps that are dynamic to offer live information about the location.
- The app is completely free, quick, and simple to use.
- Requires no sign-up before using.
- You can find the people you know at festivals or catch up with family members, keep track of colleagues, and provide information about emergencies.
- Easy to share with anyone, without having to install anything on someone else’s mobile.
- It runs as a background process and lets it run other applications simultaneously.
- It is available worldwide and requires GPS as well as an internet connection.
6. Find My Kids
Another effective family tracking app that let you track children under 18 years of age is Find My Kids. It transforms the device of your child into a device that tracks location. It’s designed to enable parents to monitor their children at all times.
- Use the integrated map to see the movement and location of your children.
- You can hear the distant sounds of children.
- Discourage children from tracking their parents’ locations.
- Monitor the battery on the child’s phone to remind them that he should charge the phone when needed.
- Install the ‘Pingo Chat with Parents application on the phone of your child to allow the app to function.
- Parents can have a chat with their children while they send SOS signals using this application.
7. Google Family Link for Parents
Google Family Link is a different family tracker GPS application from Google that provides free parental control. Find your children and make online rules and guidelines for them using this application. Children should download the application at the same time to enable tracking.
- Supervise and monitor your child’s devices.
- You can track your child’s location at any time. You don’t need to have his location explicitly since the app will update the location in the background.
- Find out how long your child spends using a particular app.
- Block and approve the unsafe mobile applications your child is looking to download.
- Remotely disable your child’s mobile, and monitor their screen time.
8. Microsoft Family Safety
Microsoft Family Safety App is one of the top free family search applications. This app from Microsoft Corporation helps protect your loved ones physically and digitally.
- Keep track of your children and save frequented places such as schools, parks, and other places.
- Utilize parental controls to block inappropriate mobile games and apps.
- Create kid-friendly browsing in Microsoft Edge.
- Set time limits on screen usage for certain games or apps for Android, Xbox, or Windows.
- Utilize activity monitors to comprehend the digital activities of your children or other members of your family. You can receive reports of your child’s activities via email.
- See the top speed, acceleration speed as well as phone use.
- You can get Office 365 sharing access, which allows you to share your Office 365 license with family members.
- You can be assured of the security and safety of your home or office through Microsoft Corporation.
Related Article: How to Develop a GPS Navigation App Like Waze?
Are You Planning to Build Your Own Family Tracking App?
It is highly feasible that you’ll find a family tracking app that is free and like Life360. If you’re using your iPhone or Android device, you will have a variety of choices in terms of apps that allow you to locate your family members.
Although it may seem contrary to privacy, using apps that can track your family members is always a personal and private issue. Concerning issues of security and secrecy, you can now have your customized family tracking app with the help of expert mobile app developers of iTechnolabs.
Concern should drive one into action, so keep up with it for we have the best app ideas, designs, and solutions to develop a well-suited family tracking app for you. iTechnolabs, a prestigious web, and mobile app development business have a wealth of experience in curating personalized family tracking apps because we value your concern for your loved ones.