Online messaging is becoming increasingly important in real-time communication. Online chat apps are excellent for personal or business communications because they deliver messages faster and more efficiently.
Furthermore, aside from personal chit-chat, continuous and uninterrupted collaboration and communication between a company and its employees will ensure the best business outcomes. Sharing confidential files in an encrypted format and discussing project work with other teammates will excite and ensure excellent progress. Of course, having access to and viewing project details as well as other business conversations on the go can help you stay on top of the current state of work development.
Slack is a popular business messaging app that enables individuals and business professionals to communicate and share their thoughts at any time and from anywhere.
Today, in this article, we’d like to provide you with a detailed breakdown of the cost for developing a messaging app like Slack. We will also go over some interesting sessions, such as why Slack is so popular and the advantages of Slack clone app development in this ever-changing business world.
If you want to invest in a Slack-like messaging App for Android or iOS, this article will help you analyze the estimated cost factor and learn about the features that have made Slack so popular.
Let’s begin with a quick overview of the Slack App.
What is the Slack Application and What Are the Advantages to Developing a Messaging App Like Slack?
Slack is one of the most popular and well-known business communication apps. Slack Technologies Inc, based in San Francisco, California, created it. It has been operating as a sibling company to Salesforce since it was acquired by Salesforce in 2020.
This popular online business chat app in the United States is available for free, paid, and pro versions on desktop, Android, and iPhone. The app is currently estimated to have 20 million Android and iOS app downloads. The application reported 800,000 iOS app downloads and 500,000 Android app downloads in September 2022, owing to its efficiency and smooth performance.
As of 2022, nearly 156K small businesses were using the app for mid-sized and multinational corporations with operations in over 100 countries worldwide.
Would you like to know why the Slack App has received so many downloads?
Here are the reasons for the growing popularity of Slack-like Android/iOS messaging apps.
Why Is Slack Such a Popular Chat App?
Slack is popular among online messaging apps due to features such as instant messaging, secure document sharing, quick interactions with groups, and in-app audio or video calling.
Customizing integrations is one of the major benefits of instant messaging apps like Slack. Yes, one of the amazing features of Slack-like popular messaging apps for Android and iOS is that it allows users to integrate file storage, CRM, social media, and various apps from various categories into the application. As a result, Slack users can collaborate with their existing tools and services while also streamlining their work processes.
Further, Other top features and functionalities of Slack-like trending business communication apps include customizable search, archiving a channel or group, creating and setting auto-reminders of a specific task, customizable push notifications and group priority, and editing or deleting files. All of these features contribute to Slack’s popularity in the online messaging app industry.
These are some of the reasons for the popularity of Slack, the leading messaging app in the United States.
Are you looking for Slack Clone App Development From iTechnolabs?
Then, you must delve deeply into the Slack mobile app’s set of features and functionalities. Let’s get started with the must-have features of Slack clone app development- the most popular iOS chat app in the United States. iTechnolabs has helped many clients in a variety of industries with mobile app development. We believe that a single feature-rich application will assist businesses in staying on top of digital trends and maximizing the value of their brand’s services. We have created multiple chat-based applications for several clients based on their requirements. If you want to know the cost for developing a messaging app like slack, then you can drop a direct message to us.
List of Must-Have Features in an Instant Messaging App such as Slack
- Form of simple registration: Users can sign up using their social media accounts and mobile phone numbers.
- Allow users to create a Profile, which allows them to view their profile information, edit/delete photos, view saved items or channel lists, receive notifications, and set their availability status, among other things.
- The audio or voice call feature improves user experiences and adds value to the messaging application.
- Create chat rooms or channels to allow business professionals to form groups with different teams and have smarter conversations.
- The instant private messaging feature allows for direct communication with a group member.
- Custom search functionality that provides users with personalized search experiences
- Mentions and Reactions allow users to mention someone in the chatroom and send messages to that person.
- Allow for the customization of integrations with other apps from various categories. It is one of the features that has helped Slack become a well-known and business-friendly chat app in the United States.
- Slack’s Starred feature allows users to prioritize conversations or texts for easy viewing whenever they need it.
- One of the most valuable features for Developing a Messaging App Like Slack is the Set Reminders feature. It enables users to set project and task reminders and keep track of project progress or other activities.
- One of the best features of chat apps is the ability to receive push notifications. It allows users to be notified of important business communications.
- Emojis in-app will allow users to respond virtually to a conversation or message.
- Include some one-of-a-kind location-sharing and file-sharing features. Allow your messaging app to support instant file sharing of photos, videos, PPTs, and contacts, among other things.
These are some of the most important features to include in an Android/iOS chat app, such as Slack clone app development.
Let’s take a look now at the cost for developing a messaging app like slack.
How Much Does it Cost for Developing a messaging app like Slack?
The cost for developing a messaging app like slack is determined by the design as well as the technologies and tools used for front-end and back-end module development. As one of the leading mobile app development companies in the United States, we estimate the cost of Slack clone app development to be between $35,000 and $60,000.
However, as previously stated, the cost of mobile app development will vary depending on features, integrations, technologies, and platforms. As top app developers, we advise businesses to check the features list, development processes, and API integrations before developing an app. You should also consider the experience of a custom mobile app development company before hiring them.
Don’t be concerned about the cost for developing a messaging app like slack. Your app development investments can yield quick returns. Here are a few methods for generating additional revenue from your application.
How Can a Slack-like Messaging App Make Money?
1. Paid Advertising
In-app advertising is the most effective way to generate additional revenue from Slack-like instant messaging apps (Android/iOS). Companies that want to promote their service ads on your online messaging platform can pay app developers.
2. Subscription Models
The Slack application provides both free and paid subscription options. Users who want to use pro features can be charged a fee.
3. Fees from App Stores
You can earn money from app stores per download as the number of downloads grows.
Important Article: Why Does Every Business Need a Mobile App in Today’s Time?
Do You Want to Know the Cost of Developing a Messaging App Like Slack?
A custom mobile app or mobile software development requires significant time and financial investment. However, for your online approaches, Slack-like software development makes sense. iTechnolabs has helped many clients in a variety of industries with mobile app development. We believe that a single feature-rich application will assist businesses in staying on top of digital trends and maximizing the value of their brand’s services.
If you have an idea for a Slack-like online messaging app development, iTechnolabs is the right partner to turn it into an engaging and results-driven business asset.