E-scooters have become a popular mode of transportation in recent years, especially in urban areas. With their compact size and ease of use, they provide a convenient way to travel short distances. But what are the current trends and statistics surrounding e-scooters? Let’s take a look.
E-Scooter Usage is on the Rise
According to a report by NACTO (National Association of City Transportation Officials), there was a 60% increase in e-scooter trips in the United States from 2017 to 2018. The total number of trips taken on e-scooters increased from 38.5 million to 65 million, showing a growing trend among commuters.
Must Read: Best Electric Scooter Apps
E-Scooters are Mainly Used for Short Trips
One of the main reasons for the surge in e-scooter usage is their suitability for short trips. The same NACTO report states that 35% of e-scooter trips were less than one mile, and 63% were under two miles. This is a significant advantage over other modes of transportation, as e-scooters can easily navigate through traffic and are not bound by parking restrictions.
E-Scooter Companies Are Expanding Their Services
As e-scooters continue to gain popularity, companies are expanding their services to reach a wider audience. For instance, major ride-sharing companies like Uber and Lyft have also introduced e-scooters in their platforms, making it more convenient for users to access them. Additionally, e-scooter companies are expanding beyond urban centers to suburban areas, offering more flexibility for riders.
Safety Measures Are Being Implemented
With the rise in e-scooter usage, safety concerns have also been raised. In response, many cities have implemented regulations and safety measures for e-scooters. This includes mandatory helmet use and speed limits in certain areas. E-scooter companies have also taken steps to ensure safety by providing rider education and implementing maintenance checks on their vehicles.
The Environmental Impact of E-Scooters
E-scooters are often touted as a more environmentally friendly mode of transportation compared to cars. They produce zero emissions and take up less space on the road, reducing traffic congestion. However, some critics argue that the production and disposal of e-scooters can have a negative environmental impact. As the industry continues to grow, it will be important for companies to address these concerns and implement sustainable practices.
The Future of E-Scooters
Despite some challenges, the future looks bright for e-scooters. With advancements in technology, e-scooters are becoming more efficient and accessible. They also have the potential to revolutionize transportation in congested cities by providing a convenient and eco-friendly alternative. However, it will be important for companies to continue addressing safety concerns and finding ways to reduce their environmental impact in order for e-scooters to become a long-term solution for urban mobility. Overall, the expansion of services and continued innovation in the e-scooter industry is sure to bring exciting developments for riders. So, whether you’re a daily commuter or just looking for a fun way to explore a new city, keep an eye out for the growing number of e-scooters on the streets.
Electric Scooter Market Trends and Statistics
The global electric scooter market is expected to continue its rapid growth in the coming years. According to a report by Grand View Research, the market size was valued at $18.6 billion in 2019 and is projected to reach $41.98 billion by 2027. This increasing demand can be attributed to several factors, including rising concerns about air pollution and traffic congestion, as well as the convenience and affordability of e-scooters.
Moreover, the rise of shared mobility services has also contributed to the growth of the electric scooter market. With companies like Lime and Bird leading the way, shared e-scooter services have become popular in major cities around the world. This trend is expected to continue as more people turn to alternative modes of transportation.
In addition to market growth, there have also been significant developments in technology and design within the e-scooter industry. Manufacturers are constantly working on improving battery life, speed, and safety features of e-scooters. This not only enhances the riding experience for users but also addresses concerns about sustainability and safety.
1. Electric Scooter market is expected to reach $41.98 billion USD by 2030
According to a recent report by ResearchAndMarkets, the global electric scooter market is projected to reach $41.98 billion USD by 2030. This growth can be attributed to increasing government initiatives and incentives for adoption of electric vehicles, as well as technological advancements in battery technology.
2. During the 2030 forecast period, Asia Pacific expected to lead the market share
Asia Pacific region is expected to dominate the electric scooter market during the forecast period due to increasing urbanization and rising adoption of e-scooters as a primary mode of transportation. China, India, and Japan are some of the key countries contributing to this growth.
3. Asia Pacific eScooter Market will reach USD 26.25 billion by 2025
According to a comprehensive report by Zion Market Research, the Asia Pacific eScooter market is poised for remarkable growth in the coming years. With a projected value of USD 26.25 billion by 2025, the market is expected to experience a steady compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of over 6% throughout the forecast period. This positive trajectory can be attributed to various factors, including government initiatives at both national and local levels aimed at promoting electric vehicles and sustainable transportation options. Additionally, the rising awareness among consumers about the benefits of eco-friendly transportation solutions is further driving the demand for eScooters in the region. As a result, the Asia Pacific eScooter market is set to witness significant expansion, creating lucrative opportunities for industry players and contributing to the overall advancement of sustainable mobility.
4. E-Scooter Investors Eyeing Asia Pacific Region for Future Growth
The promising growth potential of the Asia Pacific eScooter market has also caught the attention of investors, who are increasingly investing in the development and production of electric two-wheelers. In addition to established players such as Xiaomi Corporation and Yadea Group Holdings Ltd., there has been a surge in new entrants looking to capitalize on the growing demand for eScooters in the region. This influx of investments is expected to accelerate the growth of the market, leading to further advancements in technology and product offerings. With Asia Pacific being a key region for global trade and commerce, the potential for expansion and profitability in the eScooter market is immense, making it an attractive investment opportunity for businesses.
5. Five million units of electric scooters were sold in 2018 in China alone
According to a report by the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers, China sold approximately 5 million units of electric scooters in 2018, accounting for over 80% of global sales. This staggering number is a clear indication of the high demand and adoption rate of eScooters in the region. With major cities in China facing severe air pollution and traffic congestion, there has been a growing trend towards sustainable mobility solutions. As a result, the Chinese government has implemented favorable policies and subsidies to encourage the use of electric vehicles, including eScooters. This has further boosted the sales and production of eScooters in China, solidifying its position as the largest market for electric two-wheelers.
Must Check: How To Make an EV Charging Station Finder?
6. Electric Scooters and Bicycles sales will reach 25 million units by 2025 in China
According to a report by consulting firm Roland Berger, the sales of electric scooters and bicycles are expected to reach 25 million units in China by 2025. This projected growth is driven by various factors such as increasing urbanization, rising disposable income, and government initiatives promoting green transportation. With the Chinese economy booming and more people switching to electric transportation, the demand for eScooters is expected to continue on an upward trajectory. This presents a lucrative opportunity for businesses looking to enter the Chinese market and capitalize on its potential for growth.
7. By 2025, eScooter and motorcycle market will worth $13, 864.0 million
In addition to the projected increase in sales, the eScooter and motorcycle market in China is also expected to reach a value of $13,864.0 million by 2025. This significant growth is fueled by the increasing adoption of eScooters as a primary mode of transportation, especially among young adults and working professionals. With rising concerns about environmental pollution and the need for sustainable transportation options, eScooters are becoming a popular choice among Chinese consumers. As a result, major players in the electric two-wheeler market such as Niu Technologies, Yadea Group Holdings Ltd., and Sunra Electric Vehicle Co., Ltd. are expanding their production capacity to meet the growing demand.
8. eScooter Market will grow at a CAGR of 7.3% from 2021-2025
The projected increase in sales and market value of eScooters in China is further supported by a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.3% from 2021 to 2025. This steady growth rate reflects the strong demand for eScooters and motorcycles in the country, as well as the efforts being made by manufacturers to improve the technology and design of these vehicles. As Chinese consumers continue to prioritize eco-friendly transportation options, the eScooter market is expected to witness sustained growth over the next few years.
9. 129 million units of eScooters and motorcycles will run on the roads by 2028
According to a report by Statista, the number of eScooters and motorcycles on the roads in China is estimated to reach 129 million units by 2028. This staggering number not only reflects the popularity of these vehicles among consumers but also highlights their potential for growth in the future. With advancements in battery technology and increased government support for electric transportation, it is likely that this estimation will be surpassed in the coming years.
10. E-Scooter market will account for 8% of overall two-vehicles on the road
The rise of eScooters and motorcycles in China is set to significantly impact the overall transportation industry in the country. By 2028, electric vehicles are expected to make up 8% of the total two-wheeler market share, further solidifying their position as a popular mode of transportation. This shift towards eco-friendly vehicles not only benefits the environment but also presents new opportunities for manufacturers and investors in the sector.
11. Weekly installs of Bird and Lime apps outpace Uber, Lyft and Airbnb
The growth of the eScooter market in China is not limited to traditional manufacturers. Companies such as Bird and Lime, popular for their dockless eScooter rentals, have also gained significant momentum in the country. In fact, according to a report by Apptopia, weekly installs of these apps have surpassed those of ride-hailing giants Uber and Lyft, as well as popular accommodation rental platform Airbnb. This further showcases the increasing demand for eScooters in China.
12. Monthly installs of Bird and Lime e-scooter sharing apps have increased by 800% in the past year
The rise of eScooter sharing services is evident from the rapid increase in their monthly app installs. In China, both Bird and Lime have seen an 800% increase in monthly installs of their apps over the past year. This trend is expected to continue as these companies expand into more cities and offer convenient and low-cost transportation options to users. This also presents a lucrative opportunity for investors looking to enter the eScooter market in China.
13. E-Scooters earn over $3.65 per ride
E-scooters have not only gained popularity among users but also proved to be a profitable business model for companies. According to a study by Populus, eScooter companies earn an average of $3.65 per ride in the US, making it a lucrative industry to invest in. With the increasing adoption and demand for eScooters in China, this trend is expected to follow suit in the country as well.
14. E-Scooters have a low environmental impact compared to other modes of transportation
One of the main advantages of eScooters is their low environmental impact. With zero emissions, they are considered an eco-friendly mode of transportation and can help reduce air pollution in cities. Additionally, since they are compact and can fit in small spaces, eScooters also contribute to reducing traffic congestion. This makes them an attractive option for commuters looking to reduce their carbon footprint.
15. E-Scooter companies are investing in safety measures and regulations
As the popularity of eScooters continues to rise, companies are also taking necessary steps to ensure the safety of their riders. Many eScooter companies have implemented safety features such as speed limiters and helmet requirements to reduce the risk of accidents. Moreover, they are working with city officials to establish regulations for eScooter usage, such as designated parking areas and speed limits in certain areas.
Benefits of using E-Scooter
Electric scooters, commonly known as e-scooters, have gained popularity as a convenient and eco-friendly mode of transportation. With their electric-powered engines and compact design, they provide a seamless and efficient way to commute through busy city streets. Beyond their practicality, e-scooters offer users a range of benefits such as reduced carbon emissions, decreased traffic congestion, and improved personal mobility. Whether it’s for daily commutes or exploring a new city, hopping on an e-scooter can be a fun and sustainable way to get around while enjoying the freedom of the open road. Some potential benefits include:
- Reduced travel time: E-Scooters, with their compact size and maneuverability, can efficiently navigate through traffic and reach destinations faster compared to other modes of transportation. This can be especially advantageous during peak hours or congested areas, allowing users to arrive at their destinations more quickly and efficiently.
- Cost-effective: With the rise in ride-sharing options, eScooters have emerged as an affordable mode of transportation for short-distance trips. They offer a convenient and economical alternative to traditional transportation methods, making them accessible to a wide range of individuals, including students, commuters, and urban dwellers.
- Health benefits: In addition to being a convenient means of transportation, riding eScooters can also provide a low-impact form of exercise. By engaging in this physical activity, individuals can promote a healthier lifestyle and reduce sedentary behaviors. It offers an opportunity to incorporate light exercise into daily routines, contributing to overall well-being.
- Reduced carbon footprint: Opting for an eScooter instead of a car can significantly contribute to reducing greenhouse gas emissions and combatting climate change. As eScooters operate on electricity and have zero exhaust emissions, they help to create cleaner and greener urban environments. By choosing this eco-friendly transportation option, individuals can actively participate in the global efforts to mitigate the impact of transportation on the environment.
Also Check: How Much Does it Cost to Create an App?
How much does it cost to make E- scooter?
The cost of manufacturing an eScooter can vary depending on various factors such as the brand, specifications, and features. Generally, the production cost for a basic model ranges between $200 to $500. However, more advanced models with additional features like GPS tracking and app connectivity can cost anywhere from $700 to $2000.
Aside from the manufacturing costs, there are also other expenses to consider when it comes to the eScooter trend. This includes research and development, marketing and advertising, as well as operational costs such as maintenance and charging stations.
Cost Analysis for E-Scooter Production
The costs associated with making eScooters on a trend scale can be broken down into several key steps:
- Research and Development (R&D): This is typically the initial investment to design the eScooter. The R&D phase can cost from tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars depending on the complexity of the design and the number of prototypes created.
- Sourcing of Components: The cost of components such as batteries, motors, and frames can vary widely, but bulk purchasing can reduce the price per unit. For basic models, this might range from $150 to $300 per eScooter.
- Assembly and Labor: Manual assembly may be required for certain parts of the eScooter. Labor costs will vary by location but can add an additional $50 to $100 per unit.
- Quality Assurance and Testing: Ensuring each eScooter meets safety and performance standards can add around $30 to $50 to the cost of each unit.
- Packaging and Shipping: The cost to package and ship each eScooter can add an additional $20 to $40, depending on the distances and logistics involved.
- Marketing and Advertising: This can vary greatly but is essential for creating trends and brand recognition. Marketing campaigns can start at a few thousand dollars and can exceed well into the hundreds of thousands.
- After-Sales Support and Warranty: Providing customer service and honoring warranty claims can account for an additional 5-10% of the selling price per unit.
- Operational Expenses: Rent, utilities, employee salaries, and other operational costs must be factored into the overall cost, potentially adding $100 to $200 to each eScooter.
- Charging Infrastructure & Maintenance: Establishing charging stations and a maintenance network can be one of the more significant expenses, especially for rental services, contributing an added cost that varies widely depending on scale and geographic coverage.
How can iTechnolabs help you to build E-scooter trends and statistics?
iTechnolabs can provide valuable insights and expertise in the field of eScooter development and manufacturing. They can help analyze market trends, conduct cost-benefit analysis, and provide guidance on optimizing production processes to reduce costs. Additionally, they can assist with research and development of new technologies and features for eScooters, as well as offer support in establishing a charging infrastructure and maintenance network. With their experience and knowledge in the industry, iTechnolabs can help businesses stay competitive and successful in the growing market of eScooters.
- Market Analysis: At iTechnolabs, we conduct a comprehensive market analysis using the latest tools and techniques. Our in-depth research helps businesses gain valuable insights into current eScooter trends, consumer demands, and competitor landscape. By understanding the market dynamics, businesses can make informed decisions and stay ahead of the competition.
- Cost Optimization: Our expert team at iTechnolabs specializes in providing cost optimization strategies tailored to the unique needs of your business. We analyze the entire production process, identifying areas where costs can be optimized without compromising on quality. By implementing our strategies, businesses can improve profit margins and achieve sustainable growth.
- Product Innovation: At iTechnolabs, we thrive on innovation. Our dedicated research and development team works tirelessly to bring cutting-edge features to eScooters that cater to evolving consumer preferences. We combine advanced technology with user-centric design to enhance the functionality and user experience of eScooters, setting your business apart from the competition.
- Infrastructure Development: Our expertise goes beyond product development. We provide guidance on setting up efficient charging stations and maintenance networks that align with your company’s scale and customer needs. By optimizing the infrastructure, businesses can ensure seamless operations and provide a hassle-free experience to their customers.
- Data Insights: Data is the backbone of informed decision-making. At iTechnolabs, we offer data-driven insights that enable businesses to make smart, data-backed decisions about product development and marketing strategies. Our advanced analytics tools and expertise help uncover hidden patterns, consumer behaviors, and market trends, empowering businesses to stay agile and adapt to changing market dynamics.
- Competitor Analysis: Staying ahead of the curve is crucial in today’s competitive landscape. At iTechnolabs, we help businesses gain a competitive edge by conducting thorough competitor analysis. We analyze competitor products, market positioning, and strategies to identify gaps and opportunities. By understanding the competition, businesses can refine their offerings and position themselves strategically in the market.
Also Read: Top 10 EV Charging Apps You Must Check
Are you planning to invest in the E-scooter industry?
By choosing to partner with iTechnolabs, your business is poised to capitalize on the burgeoning eScooter trend effectively. You gain access not just to cutting-edge technology, but also a strategic ally in understanding and influencing market currents. The benefits of this partnership include advanced foresight into emerging eScooter phenomena, enabling your business to lead rather than follow market trends. With iTechnolabs’ comprehensive data insights and competitor analysis, you can anticipate consumer needs and tailor your product development to meet these expectations head-on, offering a personalized and proactive approach that is bound to resonate with a forward-thinking customer base.
- Proactive Innovation: Leveraging iTechnolabs’ in-depth market insights allows eScooter companies to pioneer innovations that lead the charge in the transportation sector. By anticipating shifts in consumer preferences and technological advancements, businesses can stay at the forefront of the eScooter revolution.
- Consumer Insights: With iTechnolabs, businesses gain a crucial understanding of customer behaviors and preferences, ensuring the development of eScooters that are not only efficient and reliable but also tailored to meet the specific needs of the target audience.
- Risk Mitigation: Detailed data analytics and market predictions from iTechnolabs empower eScooter businesses to foresee potential risks and challenges. This proactive stance supports strategic planning and helps in mitigating risks before they impact the business.
- Strategic Positioning: By analyzing competitors and market trends, iTechnolabs guides eScooter companies in strategic positioning that differentiates them from their competition, potentially leading to increased market share and brand loyalty.
- Cost Management: Insights provided by iTechnolabs can help eScooter businesses make informed decisions that optimize spending, from production to marketing, thus improving overall cost management and profitability.
In conclusion, iTechnolabs is an invaluable partner for eScooter businesses looking to thrive in the dynamic and competitive transportation industry. By providing cutting-edge technology, personalized solutions, and strategic guidance, iTechnolabs empowers companies to stay ahead of the curve and meet the evolving demands of their customers. With its proactive approach, consumer insights, risk mitigation strategies, and cost management support, iTechnolabs enables eScooter businesses to achieve long-term success and become leaders in the growing industry.