Android 10 marked a significant transition in Google’s operating system environment. We got to witness numerous significant changes to app permissions and work with the long-awaited Dark mode. But we saw the end of an era of improving the mobile application experience.
Google’s habit of naming operating systems after sweets came to an end with Android 10.
Android 10 was a game-changer in a lot of ways. It included a native dark mode, updated privacy and foldable phones, location settings, and compatibility for 5G phones, among other things.
The current Android 11 update is likewise ready to cause a stir, thanks to a slew of brand-new features to improve the mobile application experience on Android. The final version of Android 11 has yet to be revealed by Google. However, we have a sneak peek at some of the features it will provide.
Let’s take a look at the new Android functionalities that have been released with the Android 11 features before we look at how Android 11 affects the app domain for entrepreneurs that own Android apps.
The New Features Of The Android 11 Update:
Although there isn’t much of a change between Android 11 and Android 10, it does have several distinct features that set it apart from previous versions. Here are a few of them:
- Neural Network Applications: It is easier to set up an app that utilizes machine learning. Android is attempting to incorporate machine intelligence into its apps. There are numerous advantages of using neural networking apps.
- Redesigned Power Menu: Users can now keep their often used tabs like tickets, e-wallets, house light control, identification cards, and so on in Android 11’s power lock menu. Previously, a person had to unlock his smartphone to utilize such charges of frequently used tabs. Instead, all you have to do is press the power off button once.
- Improvements in Messaging: The user’s experience with texting will vary with the new update. A lot of new features have been added to messaging apps. Chat Bubbles are a new feature that hides all ongoing texts or conversations in tiny bubbles on the side of the screen. To view a message, you must first click on the bubbles to open it. A discussion area has been added to the notifications panel to provide you real-time messages and keep track of all the conversations you’re having. Additionally, while answering a message again from the notification bar, you will be capable of sending photos.
- Chat Bubbles: Chat bubbles were formerly available on devices as an in-built functionality of the app, but they were not supported or enabled by Android. However, with Android 11, this option was added, allowing users to preserve their chat bubbles and cheat in many discussions at once. You can add as many or as few chat bubbles as you wish simultaneously. All messaging services, such as WhatsApp, Messenger, Telegram, and others, will now be able to use these chat bubbles at the same time.
- Built-in Screen Recorder: People no longer need to utilize screen recorders daily. The usage requirements differ from one user to the next. However, this is one thing that everyone has been anticipating. Our built-in screen recorder has a user interface and a toggle allowing recording audio and video touches.
- Notification Control: Another exciting feature of Android 11 is notification management. In this case, Android organizes a device’s notifications based on the app’s usability and components. For example, all of the messages from a single app would be displayed at the same time. All related types of notifications would be arranged in the same way. Messages through one app would be sorted separately, and all notifications from messaging applications would be grouped. This is true for any other app notification, whether for entertainment, news, editing, e-commerce, or further app notification.
- Pull-up Voice Control: Another appealing feature of Android 11 is its pull-up voice control, which allows users to modify the device’s speech quality via a tab in the notification bar. To use the device’s voice control or even the linked device, they don’t need to open the app independently. This feature makes the UI more user-friendly, but also provides it with a more appealing appearance.
- Privacy and Security: Using Android 11, Google has improved the security of your smartphone. The emphasis has been modified to provide consumers with better privacy and security regarding their information and data.
- Screen Recording: Screen recording is a must-have feature in today’s smartphones. Because specific sites prohibit video sharing directly to any third party, it’s a source of video-sharing. In such instances, this programme can be used to capture video or any other action on a smartphone and save it in video format. Because of the high demand for this capability, many devices now include it as an in-built structure and control, and so many apps also offer screen-recording as more than just a feature. Finally, with the introduction of the most recent Android version, this capability became available to all.
- Private Usage Stats: Android 11 will save all user usage data for a single application inside encrypted storage to preserve the user’s privacy and data. This means that unless a particular code is entered, no application or system will be able to access the data.
- Permission Everytime: At the moment, we grant permission to applicants at the start. The programme has all of the necessary permissions at all times. This has changed with Android 11. You have greater control over mobile apps than we did previously. You can only provide authorization to an app once as a user. As a result, you grant authorization only once. You will be requested to allow the permission again every time you launch the programme.
- Privacy: Android 11 has also introduced a gear on update in its privacy feature. This additional feature allows apps to request device restrict access and enables the user to grant single-time access. This increases the app’s efficiency by giving it better device control and the user’s security. This feature also has a time limit attached to it. For example, if you give your device accessibility to an app and then don’t use it for an extended period, the app will request permission again the next time you use it. This could be a significant step forward in terms of privacy protection. Any leading mobile app development firm in the United States considers the security and accessibility provided by the platform.
- The Reason Why A Process Ended: Android 11 makes it easier to see why a procedure failed. Users will be able to access reports to learn why a procedure was ended. These complaints, however, will not be sent to the app’s proprietors. They won’t be able to figure out what’s wrong, such as memory issues and, otherwise, API issues.
- 5G Preparation: We heard last year about how technology was progressing in hopes of bringing in a 5G internet connection with the help of Covid-19. The need for 5G technologies has grown significantly. The ‘Dynamic Meteredness API’ is a new feature in Android 11. This API would allow consumers to take full use of the features that 5G delivers to handsets. When the API detects a 5G connection, this should stream high-quality videos and images.
- Voice Accessibility: The list of significant changes to the existing OS might go on forever, but the last element of this version of Android worth mentioning is voice accessibility. Google has made android users’ lives even more accessible by introducing the excellent Google Assistant function. This tool allows users to use their phones and paint their nails simultaneously. You don’t even need to use your fingers here on the keypad to operate your phone; you can use your voice to give commands.
- Reduced Data Redundancy: An app would try to leverage the same information and datasets for yet another app for news playing or machine learning. For the identical operation, prior versions of Android needed both apps to access different databases. Android 11 allows datasets to be shared between devices, which was not feasible in previous versions, to reduce data redundancy upon that network.
- Adjusting To Different Screens: In the realm of smartphones, the foldable smartphone is a game-changer. Such devices are no longer a concern for Android 11 developers. Through OS 11, every mobile application will work well on a foldable device.
What Would Be The Impact On Your Android App for Android 11?
All of the highlights presented here are intended to give you a sense of what to expect when Android 11 is released. More hidden features, such as greater 5G integration, support for pinhole displays, foldable phones, delimited storage, and more, are expected to improve the mobile application experience.
Keep in mind that many of these features might not make it onto the final version list. You might want to employ an android app developer to create your apps extra future-proof. The clock has started ticking for Android 11’s release, and you don’t want to be left behind. Find the best mobile application development company and have them assist you with migrating your app to Android 11 so you can reap the full benefits.
Pixel Specific Android 11 Features:
Your Pixel gets a boost from software upgrades a few times a year, introducing new tricks, features, and applications on your phone. And now, using pixel Phone features on Android 11, the Pixel has even more intelligence to make it better and more practical, such as new ways of controlling your media and organizing your apps and making it much easier to interact with family and friends. Everything transpires over the internet, so you keep getting that new-phone experience.
Aside from these seventeen capabilities, several are only available in Pixel. Among them, the specific ones are the following:
- Live-View Location Sharing: You may meet up with your buddies with the shared-location feature. If you tap “Tap Live View,” the Maps functionality will activate your Camera, displaying live directions from the current position. It’s like an incredible augmented reality friend finder!
- Enhanced Text-Selection and Screenshot: You may choose practically any text you see on your Pixel’s screen with Android 11.0. Furthermore, it has made it much easier to snap and edit screenshots by allowing users to swipe up and long-press the screen.
Do You Want to Hire Mobile Application Developers for Your Business?
Overall, we’ve seen Android 11’s intelligence in action. Every update adds something new and exciting to the mix, attracting greater public attention. Android 11 is an improved version of Android 10, and therefore Android 12 will undoubtedly be an enhanced version of the former to improve the mobile application experience.