React vs. Angular is a fiery battle that has been going on for some years now. Both frameworks have been on par with each other and follow a component-based approach when it comes to creating elegant and intuitive user interfaces. Therefore, we completely understand why you have to pull your hair out while making a choice between the two.
However, give yourself a break because we are here to get you out of this pickle. In this blog, we are going to discuss React and Angular in quite a detail and elucidate their respective pluses and minuses. Do not worry! We are also going to do a detailed comparative analysis to help you make a choice between the two
What is React Native?
As already stated, ReactJS library embraces component-based architecture. It simply means that you get to create customised UI components for your project and reuse it, with or without formatting. Needless to say, you save plenty of your time and give yourself a complex and scalable application.
Not just the user experience ends up being seamless, but also app development experience transpires to be effortless with React’s striking virtual DOM feature.
Who Uses React Native?
React has been used by a number of distinguished companies in order to build a digital space that is simple, sophisticated and streamlined. Here is the list of some of those extraordinary apps built using React Native-
- Khan Academy
- New York Times
Seeing the above-mentioned names, you would obviously want to just choose React and get started with the execution of your development project. But we would advise you to not rush because there is a lot left in this blog for you to go through.
What are the Advantages of React Native?
Read carefully the benefits that React holds for your app development project –
- We would like to point out again that you can create and reuse components and reduce your time to market (TTM) with React
- React deploys server-side rendering rather than client-side rendering, facilitating the rapid web page loading and speedier app performance
- With the presence of a virtual DOM in React, you can make app modifications to it rather than actual one and keep your accelerate the rendering of your app
- Cleaner code ensures high performance and credibility. In the case of React, its markup language, called JXS, takes care that the code of your app is crisp and clean
- What if you can build a website with an in-built SEO-friendliness? Your website built out of React adheres to all the SEO rules and will rank high in your users’ search
What are the Disadvantages of React Native?
Like life, it is not all roses in the case of React. It has its own set of faults which we would like to bring to your attention –
- You can only expect exponential development from a popular framework such as React. However, it is not every developer’s cup of tea to keep up with such high pace of growth
- Do not even think to rely upon React’s not-so-updated documentation to get an effective solution in case a huge glitch appears in your application
What is Angular?
Released in 2016 by one and only Google, Angular is a revised version of the spectacular AngularJS. It has been diligently built upon the Microsoft-built, advanced programming language, named TypeScript.
Angular is a design-cum-development framework that is used for the successful development of high-functioning applications for both mobile and web. With its two-way data binding feature, you get to view updates on your application on a real-time basis, offering users a seamless experience.
Angular has adopted a Model View Controller (MVC) architecture with regard to app development and hence, makes sure that the users receive a phenomenal experience on your application.
Who uses Angular?
Given below is a list of top Angular apps that have taken the world by storm through their enigmatic and effective app experiences. Take a look –
With the key characteristics that Angular framework holds, it does not come to us as a surprise that many dynamic organizations of the world have been using Angular for the purpose of building sophisticated digital spaces.
What are the Advantages of Angular?
Before we move any further, let us get to know some of the significant benefits that Angular holds for the domain of web and mobile app development –
- We would like to emphasise again that by using MVC (Model View Controller) approach, Angular framework ensures that the app exhibits an effective and efficient performance
- Angular’s programming language, TypeScript makes certain that the code remains cleaner and simplified and hence, enables development and better performance of large applications
- Through service and dependency injector, Angular assures creation of services or components needed for the purpose of app development
- Like React, Angular also uses component-based architecture that facilitates the development of complex user interfaces for large and scalable applications
- By following a modular approach, Angular takes care that the architecture and the app development itself is streamlined and showcases high functionality
What are the Disadvantages of Angular?
We obviously cannot move ahead without apprising you of flaws that Angular is still trying to cope up with –
- Like React developers, Angular developers also suffer from the ordeals of the documentation that has been poor maintained and updated
- Do not expect the same level of SEO-friendliness that React has as it lacks completely in the case of Angular design-cum-development framework
Difference Between React Native and Angular
For your reference, we have compiled a list of the key points that differentiate Angular from React. Read the following React vs. Angular pointers carefully –
- To start from the beginning, Angular is a design-cum-development framework that has been built by Google using TypeScript programming language.
- We have already mentioned it earlier that Angular supports two-way data binding which enables real-time migration of changes made in the UI state to model state and vice-versa
However, React only accommodates one-way data binding where changes made in model state will be instantly migrated to the UI state, but not otherwise
- React harnesses virtual DOM which allows you to make changes to the specific component without modifying the entire app structure.
However, with Angular framework, you have only real DOM. Therefore, if you make changes to the specific component, you have to make changes to the entire app structure
- The app updation process in case of Angular is quite straightforward in the presence of advanced CLI which enables automated updation.
However, as React is not a full-fledged framework but a library, it has to rely upon the compatible third-party libraries for the purpose of app upgrade
In the absence of the ease and the necessity of ample learning, Angular evidently lags behind React in terms of community support
- As a framework, Angular is already endowed with tools to perform a diverse range of functionalities, such as code splitting, project handling, etc.
However, React is just a UI library and has to depend upon third-party tools to perform server-side rendering, bootstrapping, testing, etc.
We would not leave you yet. We know that you have gained enough insight in order to make a choice between React vs. Angular. However, we would like you to read our upcoming section before you make your final decision.
When Should you Pick React Native?
Given below are the essential scenarios where you can choose React without having a second thought –
- React should be your go-to choice for development of applications that require plenty customisation
- React is perfect choice for the apps that have many reusable components in its user interface
- Why would you not design your app using React when your app has to have a lot of variable states?
When Should you Pick Angular?
The contexts mentioned below are the ones where Angular is what you clearly pick for your frontend development –
- If your developers are well-versed with Java, C#, and various Angular versions, go for it
- Angular must be your best fit if what you want is enterprise-ready apps for your business
- Angular must be chosen in cases when your app is moderately complex
- Angular offers dynamic ready-made app solutions. Therefore, go for it when you want such solutions
iTechnolabs is a leading Angular and React Native app development company. We have attained unparalleled experience and expertise in both React and Angular development. Our developers have mastered the said UI frameworks and have delivered successful app solutions to their diverse clientele.
We have a whole range of app development services that are directed towards timely delivery of an efficient app solution to you. From consultancy and design to testing and maintenance, iTechnolabs keeps the security of your app at the highest pedestal.
We have the exact technology stack that you require for the purpose of app development via React native or Angular. Our consultants have a proven mastery in multiple industry domains and will conduct a diligent research analysis of your app needs in order to offer you valuable solutions to get out of this React vs. Angular tussle. Get in touch with our consultants today and kick off your app development process.