The scope of application development has accelerated by leaps and bounds in recent years. Companies and developers have been on a spree of trial and error wherein several application development methods such as the Waterfall model and others took precedence at specific time points. We also have been a part of the bandwagon that tried different methodologies, and after the execution of four projects, we realized that there was an abject lack of clarity and the product was sub-par. However, experience and fallbacks led us to the Agile Mobile App Development Process. Agile Methodology has become a phenomenon that assures speedy delivery of projects and pledges excellent app responsiveness and overall business growth and dexterity in the last several years. The method has attained massive supremacy, with its global revenue reaching USD 1 billion in 2017. Now, let us dovetail into the nitty-gritty of the Agile Methodology and examine its veritable significance in contemporary times.
What is Agile Methodology?
The dictionary meaning of ‘agile’ is swift movement. When associated with application development, the Agile Mobile App Development Process becomes an incremental and iterative app development approach that divides one complete app development cycle into various tasks. It consists of segregating the entire application lifecycle into different distinct errands. These errands are then broken down into sub-tasks, each of which acts as separate modules among the app development team. After that, each of the modules is taken over by a dedicated cross-functioning team of specialists who then treat every module as an independent mini-project. In other words, the Agile Method serves as a form of parallel processing wherein different groups handle different modules. Still, all of them are working to serve one ultimate objective – that is, the development of one application.
The primordial benefit of opting for the Agile Methodology for mobile apps is that it allows different teams to simultaneously formulate distinct parts of the app. Thus, the whole project transforms into an amalgamation of several small modules. Although the process might seem long and tedious, it eases the workflow and minimizes the delivery timeline of the project. Moreover, the Agile Methodology is linked with lower risks of malfunction. It provides developers with the much-needed freedom and flexibility for developing a superior quality app that seamlessly adjusts to modifications and alterations after release. Now that we have talked about the Agile Methodology’s rudimentary aspects, let us understand why it is our most trustworthy app development process.
Top Eight Reasons That Make Agile Mobile App Development Stand Out
The Agile Methodology is the optimal framework for startups and development agencies to deliver quality applications quickly and efficiently. Agile inflates value throughout the development process and reduces a project’s overall risk.
Top 8 Reasons to Trust our Agile Mobile App Development Process
- Quality – Testing and Agile go hand in hand. Every phase of application development of the Agile Mobile App Development Process is associated with diligent testing, resulting in a premium-quality product. The continuous testing of every module creates space for alterations and mitigates the risk of encountering a bug during the quality test after the project is complete. Agile also assists mobile developers in inspecting app elements at every phase of the development process and making changes as and when needed. Thus, all aspects of the Agile Methodology are devised to elevate the quality of an app.
- Customization – The Agile Method is synonymous with incredible customization options. Developers get the opportunity to customize the entire app development process as per their preferences and curate user-driven solutions.
- Excellent Return on Investment – The iterative nature of the Agile Methodology implies that the apps are developed and deployed fast. Hence, the app development and execution process is quicker and more seamless. We had recognized that when we previously used the Waterfall module for app development, we had to wait until the completion of the entire project to get a glimpse of the Return on Investment (ROI). However, Agile allows us to drive ROIs in advance. Thus, in Agile, the stakeholder plays a veritable role and stays in immediate contact with the project’s scrum master to prioritize the main features and show an aligned development process.
- Risk Mitigation – The incorporation of the parallel testing model in Agile means that developers can gauge out the different app development problems while developing the app features themselves. The transparency of the process enables developers to view and remove issues and glitches or even later stages from their roots in the beginning phase itself.
- Innovative Dexterity – With the rapid advancement of the smart devices movement, it has become crucial for brands to promote superior levels of business agility by opting for the agile mobile app development process. Agile enables developers to adjust to the varying levels of business requirements or user trends irrespective of the stage of the app development process they are in without making any further investment. Agile embodies freedom, as developers do not have to be confined around a pre-mediated set of features as part of the mobile app solution. Thus, dexterity means that the application can take the desired shape as per the envisioning of the stakeholders.
- Inflated Productivity – The spring-oriented workflow of Agile minimizes the scope of daily deliberations. Thus, the app development team can concentrate on delivering high-value app features in every sprint, thereby helping them meet deadlines efficiently. The distinctive sets of work categorized into different timelines enable scrum masters to measure the real-time work status and handle the team effortlessly.
- Premium Quality App Solutions – In the contemporary world, the quality of apps has gained immense traction. All businesses and startups are ready to go the extra mile to imbibe sophistication into their apps. In such a context of quality requirements, the Agile Methodology appears. The collateral testing model of the Agile App Development Process implies that it gets easier for developers to examine the app in real-time and then perform the required quality-based improvements.
- Responsive Technology – By coupling the Agile Method’s sprint-based approach with the application’s software update technique, developments can make several enhancements and the needed features, premised on customer feedback. Thus, the possibility of a new development timeline reduces. In simple words, we can say that the Agile Method introduces a data-backed consistent app upgradation process that ensures that even when the app updates, the data is spatially compatible with the old data.
Now, let us dovetail into employing the Agile Methodology in our app development process. It is vital to remember that the Agile Method comes in different types, which we use in combinations, depending upon the requirement of a particular app.
Types of Agile Development Methods
Lean Development – It is the most typically used method under Agile, courtesy of its risk management competencies.
- Adaptive Software Development – This agile mobile app development process method is co-opted when a project requires excellent adaptability. It is mainly meant for projects that have a cinched deadline.
- Crystal Methods – It is an Agile method used when an application concentrates explicitly on one or all of the following properties – frequent releases and delivery, automated tests, close communication, and continuous integration. This method is ideal for apps related to talents, skills, people, and communication.
- Dynamic Systems Development Method (DSDM) – It is a method under the Agile umbrella wherein each step of the process is completed before moving on to the next phase of app development. The advantage of the DSDM method is that developers can create a fully functioning app within a short period.
- Scrum – It is another agile software development process that has a flexible process control for complicated software projects. Scrum uses iterative and incremental practices that center around checking the progress of the project and resolving the challenges they encounter in the frequent gatherings.
- Extreme Programming – Under this method of Agile, documents or other factors are not given preference. Instead, importance remains on the app project and helps new developers join the team.
Our Approach of App Development Using the Agile Methodology
While starting an app development project, we neatly divide the functional requirements into user stories, which eventually become the premise of our app development process. We typically work on a two-week sprint and restate continuously until the app milestones are reached. The process has helped us develop to-notch mobile applications by segregating the entire timeline into miniature and manageable tasks.
- Acceptance Test-driven Development – Our Agile App Development Process includes connecting with developers, designers, testers so that our clients can convey their particular requirements before the actual project implementation.
- Agile Modeling – We document the values and for applying in mobile app development. Thus, there is an ease in implementing Agile Development methods such as extreme programming, scrum, etc.
- Agile Testing – We make mobile app testing a crucial aspect of the app development process to ensure no bugs or errors.
- Backlogs – Each of our Person of Contacts have their to-do lists with a column of tasks yet to be done. Thus, we help our clients achieve their expectations via the iterative and incremental app development model.
- Behavior Driven Development – Every app functionality is validated systematically so that we do not miss out on test cases or criteria.
Now that we have briefly deliberated on the types of Agile Methodologies let us glance through the approach we adopt while co-opting Agile to develop and deploy our mobile application projects. Do you want to create the iOS and android mobile app for Your business. Get in touch with us for Mobile app development Services.