What are Digital Adoption Platforms?
Digital adoption platforms (DAPs) are no-code software that integrates seamlessly with applications to aid users in learning the application. In-app guidance is provided by digital adoption platforms, which include walkthroughs, task lists, smart tips, and self-help menus. This allows organizations to determine the true ROI of their internal-used software applications, and digital transformation, onboard customers and employees to their custom apps, understand how employees adopt and engage with them, and create a more intuitive tech experience for their customers and employees.
What is the role of a digital adoption platform?
The digital adoption platform (DAP) is a type of digital adoption solution, which integrates seamlessly with enterprise applications. The software guides users through the various parts of the application and provides step-by-step instructions for specific tasks.
The Digital adoption platforms have self-help menus that include videos and articles as well as guided walk-throughs. This allows users to learn all aspects of the application.
Digital adoption platforms are responsible for facilitating digital adoption by customers and within companies. Digital adoption platforms make it easy for people to learn new technology quickly by providing guidance and extensive resources to help them. It ensures that users don’t get lost when learning new tasks and don’t forget important features.
Why is a digital adoption platform important?
Software misuse and problems with onboarding, among other issues, are responsible for more than 91% percent of all enterprise software errors. Digital adoption platforms prevent user error by guiding users step-by-step through various processes and tasks.
DAPs can also increase end-user adoption. DAPs help customers and employees use new technology effectively when they invest in it for your business or product. DAPs help people understand the technology and show them how to use it. This helps them get to their aha moment more quicker. This ensures that the application has maximum value for your company and maximizes ROI.
Benefits of Implementing a Digital Adoption Platform
Digital adoption platforms have the greatest benefit of increasing adoption rates. Dimensions UK, a British non-profit, has increased its three-month user-adoption rates by using iTechnolabs’ DAP. A DAP ensures that every employee in your company takes advantage of new technology and that customers get the most value from your product’s investments.
DAPs also offer other benefits, such as:
- New customers will see a decrease in time-to-value
- Reduce technology frustrations for customers and employees, thereby reducing support tickets.
- Streamlining training and support, as well as onboarding.
- Staying current in your industry.
- Partner companies should be made aware of the full benefits of your product.
- Greater knowledge sharing
- Software adoption and proficiency improved
Different Types of Digital Adoption Platforms
There are three main types of digital adoption. These are some of the ways a DAP can be used for adoption:
1. To encourage internal software adoption by employees
To help employees learn new technologies and provide support on-demand, create a DAP in your company.
To keep employees on task and to ensure they are learning the most important features of their job, create task lists and in-app guidance. You can monitor user analytics to determine if employees are stuck and then create additional walkthroughs if necessary.
Employees have access to Self-Help to search for the right documentation and answer their questions. This knowledge base pulls from Google Drive, company intranets, and other contextual links.
2. To encourage customer adoption
First-year customer acceptance rates for enterprise software are usually 30-40%. A DAP can be used to reduce customer frustration. Integrate the DAP into your knowledge base to give customers access to self-help material and answers to their questions, without having to wait for support tickets. Regularly review analytics. This will allow you to identify where customers are having problems so that you can build the knowledge base and set up alerts to direct users to appropriate self-help material.
3. To encourage user adoption
Similar to customer adoption, websites, and apps can use a DAP for onboarding, in-app guidance, and support to users of a product. This allows users to reach their aha moment quicker, increases overall adoption, and decreases application frustration.
How to Choose a Digital Adoption Platform
It can be difficult to choose a DAP that meets your company’s needs. It is best to look at the features available on a digital adoption platform before you choose one that addresses your core business concerns.
We have compiled a list of important features that you should consider when selecting a platform for the company.
1. Guided learning in-app
DAPs’ core functions are their in-app guided content and learning experiences. DAPs give organizations the ability to create multiple types and types of guided content.
- Interactive walkthroughs
- Step-by-step guides and flows
- Smart tips
- Task lists
- Self-help knowledge bases
- Product tours
When selecting a DAP make sure you review the different features they offer
To align their content creation abilities with your in-app learning requirements.
2. Simple content creation and administration
Different levels of content creation skills are required by DAPs. Some DAPs require teams to be proficient in coding, while others are more straightforward and can be used with tools such as iTechnolabs which allow for complete content creation without the need to code.
You might still need to update your training content after you have published it. Your DAP should enable you to quickly modify existing content and distribute it to your users in as little time as possible.
3. Contextual self-help support
Contextual self-help widgets embedded in your applications are one of the most powerful aspects of digital adoption platforms. This allows end-users to access help content and documentation in their workflow.
These self-help widgets can be integrated with your knowledge base, file storage system, and online links to provide users with a searchable self-help assistant to find answers to context-related application support questions.
4. Analytics of user behavior
DAPs can provide different levels of employee behavior data. They capture how apps are used and how in-app content is consumed. This information is not required for engineers to create a technical user events tracking framework.
This allows product managers to have product analytics. They can track product adoption, experiment with product improvements, and understand how users interact with their product.
This helps teams understand their learning content gaps and improve onboarding.
5. Automate multi-format content production
DAPs such as iTechnolabs can automatically repurpose in-app content in different content formats. Employees and users can download and export training content in PDF documentation slides decks or videos.
6. Built-in user feedback
Some DAPs, such as iTechnolabs, allow organizations to capture customer feedback and employee feedback in real-time, embedded directly into applications. This includes collecting data and feedback from:
- Customers and customers can share information about NPS scores, feature requests, and user flows.
- Post-onboarding and training for employees, performance support, IT support, and employee experience.
7. Integration and implementation are simple
DAPs are enterprise-grade software applications. This means that they can be tedious and time-consuming to implement. It is important to search for DAPs that offer implementation services or can be implemented through partners.
It is also important to verify that the DAP you choose will work with your other learning software (e.g. Your LMS, as well as enterprise apps and custom applications that you wish to use for in-app content.
8. Customer support
It is important to understand that support does not refer only to technical support. This means that support should be provided from the moment you purchase a DAP, through its implementation, and throughout the customer’s lifecycle. It should include technical support, implementation support, client success, and other services. In the broadest sense of the word, support is ensuring that your customer gets the most out of your solution. Support must be available 24/7, interactive, as well as immediate.
We recommend that you search for customer reviews on software listing websites such as Capterra and G2. Trustpilot is another good option. These reviews will speak to the vendor’s support and customer service.
You need more than technical support. What you want is constant guidance about the benefits of the platform. To ensure you reach the desired milestone, you need a point of contact that understands your organization and your goals.
Do you want Digital Transformation in Your Business?
How to Implement a Digital Adoption Platform
These simple strategies will help you implement your digital adoption platform efficiently and successfully.
Inform employees about software adoption
Discuss with employees the new technology that you are using and the digital adoption platform. Inform employees about the benefits of a DAP, and the increased access it will offer to self-help material.
Integrate your existing knowledge base
You can save time by integrating existing articles into the digital adoption platform. These materials can be accessed by the DAP and surfaced in-app to the extent that they are relevant to the user.
Analyze user usage
Monitor how employees use the DAP and where they have difficulty. This information can be used to create additional content or streamline the training and onboarding processes.
Designate a digital adoption manager
Designating a digital adoption manager is another key strategy for implementing a DAP. This position oversees the introduction of new technology in the company and ensures smooth operation. This role includes the supervision of a digital adoption platform. The digital adoption manager acts as the single point of contact for employees throughout the transition. This manager would explain the platform to employees and gather feedback from users to make recommendations to higher management. The digital adoption manager assists in the implementation of a DAP. They also ensure that training materials are updated regularly to improve their training.
Ask for feedback
In-app surveys can be used to find out what employees think about the digital adoption platform. Ask employees if there are any features or topics they would like to see more content on.
Digital Adoption Platforms and Remote Work
For distributed teams or remote teams, digital adoption platforms can be invaluable. Here are some ways that a DAP can assist remote work.
- A digital assistant for personnel (DAP) enables asynchronous hiring- The DAP provides training that employees can access from wherever they are using asynchronous learning. This allows employees to learn at their own pace and reduces the need to have remote managers lead video training sessions.
- Analytics give managers in-depth insights- It can be difficult to see when someone is having trouble. DAP analytics provide insight into team members’ problems so that managers can offer personalized support.
- Use task lists and microlearning programs to organize your remote employees- Managers can view the tasks completed by employees and can send reminders or nudges through their app.
- The DAPs can be integrated with your LMS to support professional growth- Provide personalized course suggestions through your learning management system (LMS). To encourage employee learning. Track course completion and progress with DAP analytics.
Related Article: 5 Challenges and Principles to Digital Transformation in Business
Are You Looking for a Digital Adoption Platform From iTechnolabs?
In today’s fast-paced digital environment, businesses need to adopt new technologies quickly to stay competitive and meet customer demands. Digital Adoption Platforms (DAPs) are powerful tools that can help organizations to onboard their employees and customers onto new software applications, reduce training time and costs, increase productivity and engagement, and ultimately drive better business outcomes.
With the help of DAP, iTechnolabs can provide step-by-step guidance to their users, offering contextual information and resources at the right time, and in the right format. This can improve user adoption rates and reduce the frustration and confusion that often accompanies new software implementations. Moreover, iTechnolabs DAPs can help organizations measure and optimize their software usage, allowing them to identify and address issues before they become critical.
In conclusion, adopting iTechnolabs’ DAP is a strategic investment that can help businesses stay ahead of the curve and reap the benefits of digital transformation. By enabling better user adoption and more efficient software usage, DAPs can help organizations to achieve their goals faster and with less risk.
Frequently Asked Questions For Digital Adoption Platform
What is a digital adoption platform?
- It is not always easy to learn newer technologies and effortlessly use them
- Therefore, the invention of digital adoption platform is a blessing for all those who are not so tech-savvy
- A no-code program, a digital adoption platform is an efficient learning solution to help the new users make the best use of the new software applications
- It takes you through interactive tutorials and video lessons to help you get to know the software like the back of your hand.
- A digital adoption solution is especially beneficial for facilitating employees to get to learn to use enterprise software applications
What are some of the crucial digital adoption platform features?
Some of the must-have digital adoption platform requirements are stated below –
- It is not a digital adoption solution if it can not be easily utilised by the users for learning purpose, irrespective of their tech knowledge
- It would be much more beneficial for your users if your digital adoption platform helps them to work smoothly through its proficient in-app support
- A digital platform should be such that it ensures complete adherence to regulations and essential business principles by the employees
- Digital adoption platforms and analytic go hand-in-hand so as to get to know employee performance and the need for training programs
- With instant feedback, your users can learn fast and increase their productivity in a time-bound manner