In the realm of feature-demanding applications, it has become difficult for developers to build applications that possess an exceptional user interface as well as outstanding features.
Furthermore, the thing that makes it highly difficult is that there are few platforms as well as developers have to develop applications separately for every operating system, such as Android and iOS.
Therefore, this issue is solved with the assistance of React Native, which allows the developers to make applications that have an amazing interface as well as all the important features prepared to use by the users.
The important aspect is that a mobile application will work perfectly on every platform, so this outstandingly saves cost and time for developers, alongside saving much effort. As this is an amazing technology, several old and new developers and even React Native App Development Companies are looking forward to this.
It is the reason several IDEs and tools now offer an environment for creating React Native applications.
10 IDEs Every React Native App Development Company Must Use
To simplify things for you, here we have come out with the top 10 IDEs that you can easily use for React Native. Here we go:
An advanced text editor which is developed exceptionally to build React Native applications. Besides React Native apps, this is likewise utilized for several other technologies, which means it has a huge community for developers.
- It’s a cross-platform tool that is available on various platforms.
- It offers a plugin library that enables you to add many features.
- The syntax highlighting feature is superb.
- The built-in package manager is excellent.
- The excellent auto-completion feature significantly decreases development time.
- Straightforward interface to use.
- The default codes here require a few improvements.
- Documentation is not excellent.
- The platform is quite slow.
2. Visual Studio
It is a great programming platform by Microsoft, and it has a few amazing features. There are many things going on in this great tool that make it ideal for most developers.
- Supports syntax highlighting.
- Inbuilt Debugger
- Few versions comprise the feature of code completion.
- Most popular editor for react
- Exotic modules
- Built-in support for code- autocompletion
- Supports several programming languages
- Integrated tools for testing
- Backed up syntax highlighting, snippets, and more.
- Good comprehension of semantic code.
- Supports tooling for Html, JSON, JSX/ React
- Low memory usage
- Free and open-source
- It’s absolutely Free.
- Available for Windows, Linux and mac OS.
- It has many free plugins.
- Low feature-rich in comparison to its competitors
- Slow sometimes.
- The code check feature is not quite better.
It is a package that is developed on top of the Atom editor. The key functionality of the tool is to improve the features or uses of Atom, and it does this in a better way. It has a few most effective features too.
- There are plenty of plugins to include every feature you want to add to your React Native app.
- Flow support is an excellent feature for React Native development.
- Remote development ensures adding features to your React Native app is really easy.
- Speedy development process.
- The excellent auto-complete feature is ideal for quick coding.
- The user interface is superb.
- The tool’s interface is very productive and clean.
- A few features are missing, so there is a requirement for improvement.
- The start-up takes plenty of time.
- Debugging also takes a lot of long.
If you want a mature platform, this might be the suitable alternative as it is well-known for its exceptional development features for around 15 years. In case, it is the variable plugin system with configuration options, this tool can be valuable and it will hardly disappoint you.
- The built-in web server allows projects to run online.
- Integrated support for react-native app development
- GitHub integration makes working easy for developers.
- Code refactoring allows easy coding.
- It backs up a lot of plugins.
- The integrated tools check issues faster to improve coding quality.
- The platform available is not open-source.
- Development is free but for commercial usage.
- Not good when it comes to performance.
5. Sublime Text
This sort of text editor is utilized for developing different technologies. The best thing about it is the great community that utilizes this platform, and it is also known as among the most favourite text editors of the developers.
- The selection shortcut is a helpful feature if you want to make changes in your code.
- The command palette allows you to set the code syntax of your code.
- An excellent library of API as well as packages is valuable for developers.
- Supports setting essential binds as well as macros for simple coding.
- The command line shortcut is used to direct server upload which saves a lot of time.
- The user interface offers a distraction-free coding environment.
- Excellent for beginners as well as new programmers.
- Easier to understand and even use.
- It works best for React Native development, but it is not a complete IDE.
- It is paid which is a big issue for a lot of developers.
- The free mode has many bothersome notifications.
6. Vim Editor
Vim editor is a popular text editor platform among developers due to its configuration properties. As it can alter any text, it is loved by many developers.
- It requires quite low space on RAM to run more effectively.
- The command-centric feature makes dealing with text-related things quite fast.
- Various windows and tabs can help work on various projects at the same time.
- The recording feature allows for playing VIM commands frequently and assists in faster development.
- The code editing process is fast.
- It takes a lot of time to get used to the user interface.
- Tough for beginners as it has many options.
- The documentation is not that great.
7. GNU Emacs Editor
This editor can be known as the most simplistic editor available that comprises all the important features.
- It is fully compatible with many platforms and tools.
- Tutorials make it easier for beginners to use the editor.
- It can beyond just React Native app development.
- Fast pace coding environment without many issues.
- The syntax highlighting feature makes working easy.
- The theme customization feature is effective enough for developers who like customization.
- Really hard to use it.
- The first setup time is really long.
- There are many features, so determining them might take a lot of time.
8. Spacemacs Editor
If you are finding the perfect blend of vim and emacs, this is the suitable editor that will offer outstanding services. It is due to a community-driven emacs distribution.
- The macro and essential binding features make React Native app development quite easy.
- An amazing user interface is among the best features here.
- The documentation given here is beyond just enough.
- This editor is available to use on various platforms.
- Git integration is advantageous for developers.
- Spacemacs has a vast community meaning you will never get stuck on any issue for long.
- Spacemacs editor offers fast development when it comes to React Native apps.
- The use of the CPU is not optimized here.
- The tool gets really slow, delays, or even gets stuck sometimes.
- When it is stuck, nothing much is left to do other than start the tool again.
This React Native app development environment offers compelling features such as hot reloading and different many integrated tools to ensure smooth development.
- Smooth browser integration is offered here.
- Live visualization.
- Simple navigation as well as editing.
- Each feature that you need in your React Native app can be included here.
- It is an exceptional cross-platform tool.
- Synchronous GUI controls for properties and styles of components.
- This platform comes with no cons whatsoever, meaning this could be the ideal tool for you.
10. DECO IDE
It is considered the most prominent solution for building up exceptional React Native applications due to its UI as well as workflow features.
- Rightly support real-time code tweaking
- Component search as well as has an exceptional feature in itself.
- The features related to the GUI of React Native apps are superb.
- Re-use of components is backed up here which astonishingly speeds up the development process.
- Outstanding open-source platform.
- You can quickly edit the user interface of your specific React Native app in real-time.
- Works only on a single operating system i.e., macOS
- The plugin system is not that remarkable.
- The integrated features are not robust.
Related Article: The Most Used Local Databases for React Native App Development
Are You Looking for a React Native App Development Company in the USA?
Choosing the best suitable IDE will have a great impact on you as a developer, initially when you work on React Native apps development. Every one of the integrated development environments has impeccable features, cons and pros that separate it from every other IDEs.
Therefore, while picking the environment for your development requirements, you need to consider the pros, cons and features of the environment to bring a great experience for developing React native apps. In this blog, we have discussed the best suitable IDEs that every React Native App Development Company can utilize if it wants to build React Native applications.