Features of React Native
It goes without saying that React Native apps are of premium quality, and it is due to their multifaceted features.
- UI Focused – The framework of React Native pays great attention to designing the app User-interface.
- Reliability – World-renowned apps such as Bloomberg and Uber Eats are based on React Native, enhancing its reliability and reputation.
- Community Stronghold – React Native can potentially open doors to excellent community support concerning cross-platform mobile application development. The presence of a tight-knit community implies that any query related to mobile app development will be answered promptly.
- Mobile-oriented Performance – The diligence and performance of React Native are top-notch when it comes to a mobile environment.
- NPM for Installation – The installation process is the most tiring part of developing an app, but the Node Package Manager of React Native significantly speeds up the installation process.
- Third-Party Library Support – React Native provides access to third-party libraries, thereby providing more creative freedom to developers.
Benefits of Building React Native Apps
- Enhanced Performance – React Native improves the performance of an app by using native modules and controls. The framework connects well with the native Android and iOS components. Moreover, React Native is the only framework that takes advantage of the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) instead of the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
- Open-source Framework – React Native is an open-source framework that developers can use free of cost, extending them more flexibility. It also works under the MIT license, which puts limited restrictions on how software is reused and offers developers legal protection.
- Hot Reloading – The primary goal of React Native is to provide developers with the best experience. As such, one of its most attractive aspects is the reloading time. Even if the React Native app grows, developers need only one second to save a file and see the changes. Therefore, you can keep the app running while adding newer versions of the edited files.
- Modular Architecture – React Native app developers can easily upgrade their apps because of the intuitive modular architecture of the framework. Similar to codes, you can reuse the modules for web APIs and mobile applications.
- Close Resemblance to Native Feel – A product that uses React Native is very similar to a native app’s performance. A user cannot differentiate between a native app and a React Native application.
Now that we have touched upon the rudimentary aspects of React Native let us check out the top 10 mistakes that developers should avoid while building React Native apps. Moreover, there are Most Used Local Databases for React Native App Development
Ten Mistakes to Avoid While Building React Native Apps
1. Erroneous Estimation:
One of the fundamental goals of opting for the React Native framework is reusing code. But, developers make the typical mistake of not realizing that an application page may differ for iOS and Android platforms in terms of page structure. Inadequate experience and improper knowledge of design rules and guidelines for iOS and Android devices result in incorrect estimates.
- Design and Layout for iOS and Android versions – App builders can take advantage of the massive number of components present that can be reused. The structure of an application on iOS and Android can be completely different.
- Forms – For a developer, it is essential to estimate the validation layouts precisely. In the Native React framework, you should be mindful of creating more code vis-à-vis Hybrid Apps.
- Web App Development – While building a web app, it is vital to check all the disparate endpoints extended by the backend.
2. Not Reading the Codes of External Modules :
App developers typically use external modules to save time. External modules come with a lot of paperwork, and they, undoubtedly, make things faster and simpler. But, even though modules are divided, they may falter or not work as planned. Developers should read the code and adhere to it as a critical practice of developing React Native apps. Reading the codes of the external module helps in reverting and correcting any wrong steps.
3. Unoptimized Images :
Many developers fall victim to not paying enough attention to optimized images. Unoptimized pictures may require a colossal amount of memory and storage, and they are detrimental to the smooth functioning of the app. Thus, it is essential to resize the images locally and transfer them to cloud storage with the help of servers such as s3. This practice provides the developer with a CDN interface that they can use through an API. As such, the picture stacking time is considerably reduced. Some tips to appropriately optimize images include –
- Using small images
- Opting for the PNG format
- Capturing the images locally for fast loading
4. Wrong Redux Store Planning:
A developer should prioritize planning the app layout and handling data while taking up a big project. Redux is a tool that assists in effectively managing an application and allows React Native app developers to store data collected by the application without any hassles. When used correctly, Redux can assist in mammoth-sized data storage and management of debugging app states, but it is not suitable for small projects as the amount of workload increases with the tool.
5. Incorrect Task Structure:
Working with an unacceptable task structure is highly troublesome for a developer, creating many challenges. Therefore, it is essential to dive into other possibilities from different viewpoints.
6. Not Considering Foreign Codes and Modules:
Several businesses do not take the importance of foreign codes seriously. It is noteworthy to remember foreign or external codes make things simpler and quicker and help in the documentation process. Nevertheless, your app probably will not demonstrate the desired value or functioning sometime in the future due to the breakdown of modules. As such, it becomes crucial for developers to pursue the foreign codes.
7. Hurdles in Abstraction Layer:
To incorporate the best functionality in an app, developers must add the abstraction layer to the React Native framework on the local stage. The abstraction layer has various issues that a developer should avoid.
- Identifying the bugs that may prop up in the abstraction layer. Bugs can create numerous troubles.
- High dependence on third-party libraries and services
- Reliance on executing customized designs.
8. Utilizing the Stateless Component to Drive Performance:
The implication of a stateless component is that the classes of any component cannot be extended. Two mistakes are pretty common among developers of React Native apps that are –
- Firstly, the constant usage of the stateless component
- Secondly, not initiating the state in an orderly fashion
9. Passing Extra Bindings and Parameters:
Developers often pass additional parameters while binding the application in the rendering method. In this method, new methods are constructed every time, and the former ones are discarded. Developers can solve this problem by opting for the binding method that they can observe in the property or constructor syntax of the initializer.
10. Overlooking Console.Log Statement:
Some React Native apps developers do not give console.log statements much importance. However, this statement eases the task of quickly identifying errors from the application. Moreover, console.log statements are optimal for recognizing line-of-code and finding application performance issues. At times, developers cannot understand why their application is not functioning correctly. In such a state of confusion, the console.log statement comes to the rescue as they ensure better performance and quality of the app.
If you want to prevent from mistakes, then you should learn A Complete Guide to React Native for Cross-platform Apps Development
Do You Want to Create Mobile Applications Using React Native?
In conclusion, we can safely assert that React Native is a valuable framework with a global clientele and excellent reputation among the worldwide developer community. The framework has accelerated app development, reduced overall software development cost, and has created a tight-knit community of developers. Needless to say, building a React Native App is a meticulous process that requires developers to pay attention to even the tiniest details. The process goes on way smoother and faster when a developer avoids the ten mistakes mentioned above.