ReactJS topped the list of the most popular web frameworks in 2022, accounting for 42.62% of the total shares of respondents after Node.js. This is not surprising given that businesses from various industries, from Facebook to Grammarly to Netflix, use it comprehensively to continue improving their customer applications. Before getting into the decision of whether React Native is ideal for mobile app development, let us primarily understand the sheer definition to clearly comprehend the subject in detail.
What is React Native?
React Native is growing in popularity, which in turn helps companies conserve a lot of resources and time being given to developing applications for different platforms. Compact device software is in high demand across a wide range of industries. To satisfy this demand, programmers require trustworthy tools and technologies that ensure a quick process of development and high-quality mobile solutions. One of these tools is React.
Benefits of React Native Framework Best for Mobile App Development
01. Single CodeBase
One of the fundamental benefits of React Native is that it brings into play a single codebase. React Native uses a single code base and offers effortless performance. It also provides consistency across all devices. Furthermore, a single codebase can be used again. Moving to a single codebase can benefit from demanding feature release cycles while providing a unified user experience to the largest possible audience, among other potential advantages that improve version developer productivity. As some major players have recently demonstrated, a solid and stable single codebase is becoming increasingly important in the modern environment of app development.
2. Open Source Code
03. Community Driven
There is a significant and agile open-source community for React Native. This means that connoisseurs all over the world add value to this technology and can assist you with any development issues. There are numerous benefits to working in a community-driven environment, such as the accessibility of a large team of optimistic JS and native developers eager to share their skills and expertise, as well as vast collections of widely accessible components.
04. Live Reloading
The best part about React Native is that it makes it possible to see the changes they end up making during the app development process. They can also do so in real-time. React Native is the mobile equivalent of React; it expands on React’s ideas and enables you to build impactful mobile applications. Undoubtedly, React Native includes an intriguing addition that you won’t even find in native frameworks: the ‘live reload’ feature, which allows you to instantaneously see the outcome of the most significant shift you’ve made to the code.
05. Substantial Performance
React Native’s layout is well-suited to mobile devices. It employs the graphics processing unit, whereas native platforms rely on the central processing unit. React Native is a development framework that mobile app developers employ to save time and build mobile apps more quickly. React Native apps perform almost identically to native apps built on their respective iOS or Android platforms. They are essentially prompt since the programming language is designed mainly for mobile devices.
How Does React Native Work?
React Native has grown and developed substantially over the years, and it is no longer just the hot new framework of the minute. The project’s maintainers have consistently been able to make the process of creating React Native applications effortless and seamless. During the last two and a half years, we’ve seen major developments in tooling, prototyping, and testing. React Native’s cross-platform abilities are achieved by its architectural style.
What is Cross-platform Development?
The practice of developing software products or services for different platforms or software environments is known as “cross-platform development.” Developers and engineers employ a variety of techniques to facilitate multiple operating systems or ecosystems for a single product or application.
A cross-platform application can run on all three operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Linux, and macOS, or perhaps just two of them. A web browser or Adobe Flash application that does the same regardless of the computer or mobile device upon which it is run is an example of a cross-platform application.
In contrast to software built natively for a specific platform, you can build your codebase once and then run it on any platform. Developers can use their familiar tools, such as the Java language or C sharp, to design platforms that are unfamiliar to them.
Overall, cross-platform development can diminish the effectiveness of a program.
It may, for example, necessitate duplication of effort or file storage folders for the various systems that it is expected to support. It may also be necessary to “dumb down” a program to facilitate less complex software ecosystems.
However, in many cases, the makers of the software have figured out that the limitations of cross-platform development are worth dealing with in order to offer an application or product to a wider set of users.
The main reasons for choosing the React Native Framework for mobile app development
Many businesses now prefer to build their apps with React Native because this single-code strategy allows them to utilise their apps across both platforms. This also eliminates the need to hire two different teams of developers to sustain two very different code bases. Both developers and mobile app owners are responsible for selecting tools and technologies for this purpose, as they must meet both development and business goals. The development of React Native has accelerated. As a result, a good React Native mobile app development company can provide superior and more remarkable solutions. Here are some of the reasons why I believe React Native should be used for mobile app development. React Native has been in existence since 2015, and in that time, it has gained the attention of developers and businesses. It’s all because of the functionality it offers.
- The framework is quite simple to learn and execute for mobile app development. Among the handful of frameworks available on the marketplace currently, React Native has been the best and is relatively easy to use.
- With the increasing popularity of this framework, it will undoubtedly see several days, just like Flutter. This framework has a promising presence for mobile app development.
- Whether on iOS or Android, React Native uses a single codebase for both platforms. Once used, code can be reused for future development.
- This framework supports a variety of operating systems:- You can actually create a single app for two platforms using React Native.
- It is a rapid development framework that saves money and time for the developers. The React Native framework is simple to use and much faster in terms of agility, as it uses the same code for multiple development processes. As a result, time and money are saved.
- A user-friendly interface to attract the target audience is a big plus.
- Integration of third-party plugins: Third-party plugins can be easily integrated with React Native.
- Backend code reusability is a big plus for mobile app development. Using a single codebase, developers can build an application that uses the same backend.
Are You Looking for a React Native Framework Based Company for Mobile App Development?
To summarise, React Native provides numerous distinct advantages. It is easier to build, has higher quality, provides the expertise of a native app without the requirement to develop one, and so on. Your decision on the technology stack, on the other hand, is heavily influenced by your business needs. React is an excellent choice for developing both simple and complex user interfaces for web and mobile apps. Many large companies, including Airbnb and Netflix, use React to power their digital solutions. With companies like Instagram, Facebook, Tesla, and numerous others using it, it has proven its worth as a reliable, fast, and scalable rapid application development framework.
Frequently Asked Questions for React Native Framework
1. How much does it cost to build an app on react native app framework?
The cost to build a react native application can range between $ 15000 to $ 300000. The cost may differ, most of the times within this range, on the basis of the diverse variables mentioned below –
- Complexity of the app
- App category
- Number of third-party integrations
- Size of the development team
- Location of the development team
- Post-launch services
For your reference, we have listed below the average cost of react native app development on the basis of the category to which the app belongs –
- E-Commerce App – $ 105000
- Restaurant App – $ 75000
- Gaming App – $ 105000
- Business App – $ 120000
2. When to not use react mobile app framework?
Given below are the scenarios where using react native app framework should be avoided –
- Do not use react mobile app framework if you desperately need platform-specific functionalities on your app
- React native framework would not be the best fit in the case where you need to develop customised as well as sophisticated UI designs for your app
- If your app functionality is such that it will require many user interactions, then we dare you to use react native for the app development purpose
3. Is react native app a worthy Choice for App Development?
When it comes to cross-platform app development, framework for react native should be your first choice because –
- You can use as much as ninety per cent of its code to build app for another platform and save cent percent of your time
- With time, you obviously cut short your expenses as you now do not have to hire two separate app development teams for two separate platforms
- By using native components and native modules, you get an almost native user interface for your app for two platforms at the cost of one
- You save plenty of your valuable time by making changes and executing those changes on your mobile app on real time basis using ‘hot reload’ and ‘live reload’
- You do not get stuck during your react native app development because you have a large community of developers to help you to get out of a glitch
4. How to improve the performance of your app built using framework react native?
You can improve your react native app performance by following ways –
- One obvious way is to reduce the size of your app via code-splitting
- Use performance monitoring systems (PMS) to get timely analysis of the work
- Optimise data handling for good state management
- Integrate your react native app with an efficient navigation system
- Do not need to unnecessarily re-render with useMemo hook
5. What are some leading react native app development companies?
Given below are some leading mobile app development companies that have made some remarkable apps using framework react native. Please take a look –
- Cheesecake Labs
- Saigon Technology
- Kanda Software
- Hyperlink InfoSystem