Does the Flutter against React Native war ever end and will you ever be able to decide which platform to choose in 2023? Well, in order to bring an end to this confusion, we present you with the most comprehensive comparison of Flutter or React Native.
Have you ever observed anyone enjoying the app even though it requires a long time to load? I’m sure you wouldn’t have. As no one wants to install an application that overheats the device, adds lag, or causes malfunctions. Right? This is the reason why businesses and brands opt for native application development.
As you are aware, Android is a mix of Java and C, and C++. However, iOS is a mix of C and Objective-C. iOS operating system has been built on Swift as well as Objective-C. Therefore, creating native apps requires resources from the programming languages of both platforms, i.e., Swift and Java. In reality, it is actually necessary to create and maintain two distinct applications.
Cross-platform technology removes this dependence on creating applications for different platforms. This article is about React Native vs. Flutter and not Flutter vs. Native Script or Xamarin, or other technology. We do this because Flutter along with React Native is the one and only one to make it into the top cross-platform development frameworks for apps.
There are many mobile apps developed using these frameworks. However, which one is superior to the other in Flutter vs Comparison with React Native is a constantly debated issue.
Because this blog is written and edited by iTechnolabs’ team of experts in Flutter as well as React Native experts So, you aren’t in any danger now. We’ve used their experience and hands-on knowledge to explain the differences in depth. We’ll begin by discussing the differences.
The first question is: why is it important to develop cross-platform apps?
The entire globe is moving toward digital and there isn’t any purpose that can not be achieved with an application. Nearly 5.07 billion people use the internet and are spending an average of six hours and forty-three minutes surfing the web.
It has become the necessity of the day for companies to develop applications that meet the expectations of their customers but within a timeframe. And hence, cross-platform app development.
The cross-platform approach to app development can save you a significant amount of money as well as reduce the time required to launch your app dramatically. It lets you handle the turbulence of increasing app demand. Additionally, it provides your application with the look and feel of an actual native.
What is Flutter?
Flutter is an open-source mobile app framework that is cross-platform and developed by Google. It allows developers to create natively-compiled applications for desktops, mobiles, and even the web. It can be built for up to six platforms with the same codebase. Flutter is not a new product and was launched in 2017. However, it has already racked up the attention of 148K users on the GitHub site at the time of writing this.
It has a large community support, and some reputable names such as Alibaba, Hamilton Broadway, Google Ads, and eBay are already listed. It makes use of Dart as a programming language. It is a client-optimized programming system.
Hire Flutter App Development Services in Just One Click:
Benefits of using Flutter for your cross-platform application development framework
1. Faster time to market
Flutter’s integrated features, like hot reloading, which allows for faster development and deployment, compiling code prior to the time and displaying an app preview before you rebuild it following minor code modifications.
Alongside hot restart, the widget-based UI design speeds up the development of the widget to a considerable degree. The readily available and customizable third-party widgets available in Dart pub can also be integrated with Flutter quickly.
3. Mighty Ecosystem
The benefit of the support of Google and the ready-to-use SDKs from Google’s other services, like Firebase.
4. Feature-rich UI
Because of Flutter’s layering structure, which produces precise components that do not affect the rendering speed. In addition, you can animate UI for each component and also modify them down to the very last pixel.
5. Device compatibility
Not just the most recent Flutter, but also full functionality and rendering on older devices, such as iOS version 8 and higher, and Android versions beginning with 5.1.1.
6. Programming language
Flutter’s programming language Dart converts easily into native code, resulting in greater performance.
Get a free app quote!
What is React Native?
React Native is a Facebook-owned mobile app framework that runs across platforms released in 2015. Although it was launched two years before Flutter it has received only 107K star ratings on GitHub.
Benefits of using React-Native for your cross-platform application development framework
- Hot Reload is a feature that expedites the development and testing of an application.
- As a framework that is driven by the community, it lets developers review their work by other developers within the community.
- React Native is highly focused on UI and produces appealing and user-friendly designs for applications.
Let’s Discuss Your Ideas!
When to choose and when to not choose Flutter?
Flutter offers a variety of widgets that can assist developers to create a stunning UI. Therefore, if you want to create an application with an innovative and captivating user interface, you should consider Flutter. Dart is a powerful application that has captivating graphic libraries. In addition, we’ve compiled the best scenarios where you can make use of Flutter without hesitation.
- If you are looking to reduce the time to market but still wish to build an application that runs on several platforms, like Desktop or the Web;
- You’d like to reduce your time, effort, and expense from creating and maintaining your applications across multiple platforms
- You’ve got an app idea and you want to test it by launching your MVP in the market as soon as possible;
- Are you looking to create an application that runs on multiple platforms with graphics and animations that are high-quality;
- If you’re faced with an extremely short timeframe and may also need to make iterations.
But, Flutter does have an obligation that states that your app’s size can’t be smaller than 4MB. To save you more, we’ve curated the top Flutter development firms that provide the most skilled developers for hire and outsourcing services.
When to choose and when to not choose React Native?
React Native offers the ultimate flexibility of app development across multiple platforms. Thus, you should choose React Native when you want an all-purpose code that can be used on mobile web, desktop, and mobile. The applications built with React Native are arguably bigger than native ones.
The most ideal scenarios for using React Native would be:
- If you’re developing an application that requires a lot of cross-platform effort;
- The project you are working on is huge and deeply rooted.
- If you’re looking to develop an application for a mobile together with your web developers.
React Native’s main limitation is that it cannot accomplish calculating tasks. Therefore, it’s not recommended if the app requires calculations.
Which Framework do you choose for Your App Development: Flutter Or React Native?
We’d be able to say that with no bias. Flutter is a popular framework. The Flutter community is continuously making improvements to the SDK of Flutter, and it appears to be more exciting in comparison to React Native. However, React Native has its advantages in working alongside it. Each framework is in a fierce rivalry with one another. Based on the requirements of your project it is necessary to choose one of both. Big Giants predict that Flutter is the Future however, the winner is still to be determined.
Whichever one you pick from Flutter or React Native, iTechnolabs can guarantee you that you’ll never go back. The standards set by both are extremely impressive and promising. Get the top of the best! If you need help in deciding which platform to use for your specific project contact iTechnolabs’ professional Flutter developers. They will give you the most effective possible solution.
Frequently Asked Questions for Flutter vs. React Native 2023
1. Flutter vs. React Native 2023 – when to use which?
We have listed below diverse scenarios in which you can use Flutter and React Native –
Use Flutter when you have to build –
- An app with sophisticated and animated user interfaces
- An app that has to have uniform UIs across all platforms
- An app where you cannot use third-party plugins
Use React Native when you have to build –
- An app that requires simple but different platform-specific UI designs
- An app app that requires third-party packages
- An app that updates automatically according to platform’s OS
2. Is react native in demand in 2023?
React native app development is a worthy choice in 2023 because of the following reasons –
- Choose react native because you get to build app for two platforms at the cost and time of one app
- If your website is built using react, it would be cakewalk for your developers to build a mobile app using almost 90 percent of the code
- With large community of developers for its support, react native is forever evolving and building mobile apps that meet modern benchmarks
- Making modifications is not at all a time-consuming task as you get to see the changes in real time basis using hot and live reloading feature
- Using native components and native module, you can add a native look and feel to your cross-platform app
3. React Native vs. Flutter 2023 – what’s the difference?
The key differences between react native and flutter have been listed below. Please take a look –
- Flutter makes use of its end number of dynamic widgets to build complex user interfaces. On the other hand, react native harnesses the native components and modules in order to build simpler UIs with more native look and feel
- With a more simplified documentation, flutter holds a competitive edge over react native which has a fragmented and outdated documentation.
4. Flutter vs. React Native – Which one is popular?
- If we throw a glance at the industry trends, flutter, even if new, enjoys more popularity amongst developers than react native which has been in the development world for quite a long time
5. What are some of the Top Flutter App Development Companies globally?
Given below are the leading flutter app development companies –
- Cheesecake Labs
- Emizen Tech